Rail transport is also known as train transport. It is a means of transport, on vehicles which run on tracks (rails or railroads). It is one of the most important, commonly used and very cost effective modes of commuting and goods carriage over long distances.
Rail transport cannot provide door-to-door service as it is tied to a particular track. Intermediate loading or unloading involves greater cost, more wear and tear and wastage of time.
Efficient supply chain
Rail transport is most important for large quantities of crgo especially bulk cargo delivered to/from sea ports.
- Cost effective for long distance
- Not dependable on weather condition like rains, fog etc
- Its speed over long distances is more than any other mode of transport
- Railway transport is economical, quicker and best suited for carrying heavy and bulky goods over long distances.
We mainly focus on transport export routes Poland to former Soviet Union republics.
We can do it both via Lithuania, Belarussia and Ukraine.
It is a cheaper mode of transport as compared to other modes of transport. Most of the working expenses of railways are in the nature of fixed costs. Every increase in the railway traffic is followed by a decrease in the average cost
- Railway is the safest form of transport.
- StThe carrying capacity of the railways is extremely large
- Synchronized demand and supply which will enable easier and more accurate predictions of your clients needs
- Disadvantage of railway transport is its inflexibility.